BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

IS IT TIME YET?


What was supposed to be a glorious return to the City we captured our 5th CL cup was made a disaster by an ex Red!
I mean I was already cursing the fact that Malaysia were held to a 1-1 draw by Singapore( and that kicks out of the WC qualifiers) and the fact that the Galatasaray game was not on live and so.... I awoke to discover that we had slumped to second friendly( First to Hull) and now to the Turks ( 3-0)
Baros scored a brace( why did we sell him?) and Elmander( ex Bolton) notched the other.
I know that we played with 25% of the regulars and with the absence of Suarez, Gerard, Reina, Johnson, Lucas etc. The help that we started with Cole, Jonjo,Poulsen etc did not help either.( Even Degen was brought in) From what I read, Aquilani had a decent game but we missed Lucas ( I cannot believe I said that as I had been his hardest critic last year). All said and done, Lucas was critical in breaking up the game in midfield and that was sorely missed.

One thing that is apparent is our leaky defense and it was clear we were outclasses by the Turks. The introduction of Kuyt at half time was promising but really, it was a reserve squad on the pitch with hardly any first team players( excuses?)

Now before we start calling for the dethroning of the King (which is really really premature), I think we need to consider that this is a mix and match team but we do need a new defender and another striker in case Carroll has a bad hair day.
On the radar- Scott Dann and also Shane Long...
Oh well YNWA


0 comments: